What are all VRR optimised games for PS5? Variable Refresh Rate is a feature for PlayStation 5 that works in tandem with compatible televisions to smooth out performance hiccups that can occur in games. You'll be able to apply this technology to all of your games by enabling a toggle in your system's settings. However, many games have been further updated to take full advantage of the feature. On this page, as part of our PS5 guide, we've listed all VRR optimised games for PS5.
If you're in need of a new television to take advantage of VRR, then we have a few recommendations in our Best 4K TVs for PS5 in 2022 guide. Do keep in mind that you will need to use the HDMI 2.1 cable included with your console in order to take advantage of VRR. For more information on the improvements HDMI 2.1 can offer, have a browse of All PS5 Games Running at 120fps.
All VRR Optimised Games for PS5
VRR will work with all games on PS5 if you enable the Apply to Unsupported Games toggle in Settings > Screen and Video > Video Output. However, select games have been specifically optimised for the feature. In the case of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, for example, the game will always target a higher dynamic resolution threshold when VRR is enabled, regardless of the graphics setting, allowing the technology to clean-up any subsequent framerate hitches incurred. Implementation will, of course, vary on a game-by-game basis.
Below is a list of all VRR optimised games for PS5:
- Astro's Playroom PS5
- Back 4 Blood PS5
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War PS5
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PS5
- Call of Duty: Vanguard PS5
- Deathloop PS5
- Destiny 2 PS5
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition PS5
- DIRT 5 PS5
- Ghostwire: Tokyo PS5
- Godfall PS5
- Hogwarts Legacy PS5
- Horizon Forbidden West PS5
- Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores PS5
- Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered PS5
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5
- Overwatch 2 PS5
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PS5
- Resident Evil 4 PS5
- Resident Evil Village PS5
- The Last of Us: Part I PS5
- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands PS5
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege PS5
- Tribes of Midgard PS5
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection PS5
Which of all VRR optimised games for PS5 do you think uses the technology best? Will you be enabling VRR on your console? Tidy up the refresh rate in the comments section below.