- Number of Players
- 2 (12 Player Online)
- Release Date
- 30th Sep 2021
- 30th Sep 2021
PlayStation Plus Essential (Subscription)
- 4th Oct 2022 until 31st Oct 2022
- Also Available On
- Controller Support
- Feature Support
- Official Site
Republished on Wednesday 28th September 2022: We're bringing this review back from the archives following the announcement of October's PlayStation Plus lineup. The original text follows. After years spent fine-tuning its various motorcycle racing titles, developer Milestone has taken a significant detour with Hot Wheels Unleashed...
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
Not playing around
Hot Wheels Unleashed isn't perfect, but it's a highly entertaining arcade racer that really leans into its licence. It seems that fans of the toys and of colourful racing games agree, because it's now surpassed two million copies sold. Developer Milestone made the announcement today, roughly 18 months after its launch in 2021...
Plus or minus?
The PS Plus Essential games for October 2022 have been officially announced, and you know what that means! As always, we want to know if you're happy with the latest lineup. Just to recap, October's selection includes three titles (as per usual): rather fun racer Hot Wheels Unleashed (PS5, PS4), super-powered fighter Injustice 2...
And that's not all folks
In the latest in a long line of crossovers, like Jurrasic Park and Spongebob, Hot Wheels Unleashed's newest expansion is bringing the Looney Tunes to the arcade racer, and what's more, it's available now. The Looney Tunes expansion features the Looney Tunes Adventure Park, a new enviro
Must go faster
Hot Wheels Unleashed is a title that regularly collaborates with other franchises, and for its next trick, is going back to the Jurrasic period. The Jurassic World Racing Season will feature new challenges, vehicles and customizations inspired by the Jurassic World film franchise. More content for a title like Hot Wheels Unleased...
Did you smell it?
In an announcement that will no doubt tempt editor Stephen Tailby back to its toy racer, Hot Wheels Unleashed is following its Batman crossover with a season of SpongeBob SquarePants. This update – available on 20th January, shortly after we’re publishing this article – will include an all-new ladder of free and premium...
Surprisingly awesome arcade racer Hot Wheels Unleashed is running a competition in-game which could result in your very own custom livery being transformed into a real toy car. Design Battle – which starts today and is scheduled to run through 14th February – will see you personalising the Rodger Dodger vehicle in-game, with the chance...
Milestone's fastest-selling game
As the developer behind a variety of relatively niche motorsport simulations, Hot Wheels Unleashed has always felt like a breakout hit for Italian outfit Milestone – and that’s reflected by its sales numbers. The title has now surpassed one million units sold, making it the fastest-selling release in the...
To the Batmobile!
Na-na na-na na-na na-na na-na na-na na-na na-na BATMAN! Okay, now that's done, let's talk about Hot Wheels Unleashed, yeah? The arcade racing title has a lot of seasonal updates and premium DLC planned, which was always going to happen with a game based on collectable toy cars. We're not complaining, though — this Batman...
Drift in style
Have you been playing Hot Wheels Unleashed lately? Ever thought to yourself that this game about little die-cast toy cars driving around orange plastic tracks isn't boujie enough? Well, you're in luck, because developer Milestone has teamed up with Cadillac and Gucci to bring a super fancy vehicle to the arcade racer. As you can...
Likeable arcade racer Hot Wheels Unleashed is adding some big DC Comics-themed content as we edge closer towards Christmas, with the DC Super-Villains Racing Season getting underway from 11th November through 18th January. Available to every player, the Battle Pass-style update will deliver “a large number of free and premium content...
Collect the best vehicles in the Hot Wheels™ universe, build spectacular tracks and dive into breathtaking races.
COLLECTOR OR ARTIST? BOTH
- The most iconic and sought after Hot Wheels™ vehicles are waiting for you. Get ready to make them race at full speed!
- Stand out in the crowd by setting off your personality with the exclusive livery editor.
- Prove your skills by competing in awesome races and get ready for pure fun! Drift, charge the booster and launch yourself into spectacular loops. But be careful! If you're too slow gravity will do its job.
- The bigger the challenge, the greater the glory.
- Race side by side with your friends in split screen mode for 2 players or face up to 12 opponents in online challenges.
CREATE THE SHAPE OF YOUR TRACK
- Waiting to host your races are enormous interactive environments with their own distinguishing features, where every object can become an integral part of the track.
- Unleash your creativity with the most exciting track editor ever! Build your track by taking advantage of what surrounds you, and create amazing layouts inside and outside the race course. Bend and stretch the iconic "orange piece", add loops, special boosters, obstacles and special elements to make an incredible amusement park for your races.
- Share your craziest creations online and try those of other players.
RACE IN YOUR WORLD
- Furnish your own personal room with a huge number of elements that you will collect during your adventure and host the most amazing races inside it.